This is the seventh of my 7 Core Principles when facing challenges in retirement. This is not always easy to do but it will give you a freedom to be your true self. Issues that no longer support you tend to be relationships, possessions or causes. Some signs that you are no longer supported by this relationship or thing:
- you have negative emotions towards the person or the thing
- you feel like a worse person because of the friendship or the situation
- you give and give with nothing in return.
See and release what you don’t need anymore. Give yourself permission to say it’s okay to:
- let things go
- admit that something used to work, and now it doesn’t
- change. It’s okay to require change
- choose how you wish to let go.
You may like to work through this with another person to assist you and give yourself permission to do this in your own time at your pace. It is an individual journey.